Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mirror Image

One day I think I scared my oldest son, Ryan.  We were at my in-laws house.  He was standing at entrance to grandma's living room, and I mistook him for my husband.  He's as tall as his dad, and he looks and acts a lot like him.  I walked up beside him, slipped my arm around his waist, and started to lay my head on his shoulder when I realized my mistake.  Ryan looked at me kinda funny.  I told him I thought he was his dad, and he was just lucky I hadn't planted a kiss on him.



When I was thinking about this incident I realized that God calls us as his children to look like him.  Romans 8:29 says, "For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."  There is a sense of pride a parent experiences when their children grow up and look like them.  I like to hear people say, "She's just like her mama." 

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."  (2 Cor. 3:18)   I am a reflection of Jesus.  In order to have a good reflection, I must remain close to him.  I don't want to be a dim reflection.  People should see Jesus clearly in my life.

I wonder if God has a sense of pride when he looks at me.  Does he say, "She looks like one of my children?"  Is his son, Jesus, reflected in the mirror of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment