My garden is producing peppers, onions, and zucchini and yellow squash right now. I ran across this recipe, and the kids thought it was great. They liked it much better then the way I had fixed the zucchini previously in a similar recipe with diced tomatoes instead of spaghetti sauce.
What You Need:
1 lb ground chuck
2 lb zucchini or yellow squash, chopped in bite size pieces
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 26 ounce jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste
What To Do:
1. Brown ground chuck with onion and bell pepper in a large skillet. Drain grease.
2. Add garlic and seasonings. Stir.
3. Add zucchini and stir. Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes until zucchini is crisp tender. Stir about every 5 minutes.
4. Remove lid and stir in spaghetti sauce. Cook another 5 minutes.
5. Serve topped with parmesan!
I served this with fresh homemade bread which we used to sop up the extra juices. After eating this I realized it would have been great served over penne noodles.