Monday, January 2, 2012

My Dad

I want to introduce you to my dad.  He was my hero when I was little.



As a child I couldn't imagine anyone better then my dad.   I loved sitting on his lap and talking to him.  He was a good listener.

I remember slipping my small hand into my daddy's hand.  It felt safe.  The warmth went straight to my heart reminding me I was loved. 

Dad was fun to play with.  With the help of my brother and sister I would try to pull him off the couch.  We loved it when we succeeded.  Another challenge we enjoyed was pulling his socks off.  When we accomplished the task we would tickle his feet.  I'm not sure why because he wasn't ticklish.  But then he would tickle us until we begged for mercy. .    

My dad is a quiet intellectual.  If I had to draw a picture of my dad it would be with a book in hand or sitting in front of the computer writing.  My love for writing I inherited from my father.  But the heritage he left me that means the most is a love for the Lord.  I'm so thankful my dad taught me about Jesus.  I'm grateful he's been a life-long student of the Word.

Recently he began his own blog.  It is entitled The Life of King David.  It is a Bible study of one of dad's favorite Bible characters.  I invite you to go over and check it out.  Perhaps you'll experience some of the blessing I've had in my life from my wonderful father.

1 comment: