Wednesday, May 23, 2012

From Cory

I wanted to share my favorite card that I got on Mother's Day.  It was a simple card cut out of purple construction paper.  Inside it was handwritten.  I'll type it exactly as it was written.



From:  Cory
To:  Mom

Thank you for making my food.
Thank you for taking care of me.
Thank you for washing my clothes.
Thank you for buying toys for me.
Thank you for cheering me up when I'm sad.
Thank you for being my cool mom.
Thank you for the game time.
Thank you for the cards.

Ask me when you need anything done.

Mom your the best mom ever.

You have made a defrens in my life.

Love you Mom

This card meant so much to me because it comes from my boy who struggles with writing.  It is a lot of work for him.  Early on dyslexia was a challenge for us when it came to school.  Now at nearly twelve he has become an avid reader.  He still has to work extra hard in spelling and writing though.  For him to take the time to write me a special note made me feel especially loved this past Mother's Day. 

1 comment: