Friday, March 16, 2012

Prayer for the Heart

I often pray Scripture for my children.  So many things are tugging on our children's hearts demanding their time and attention.  As a mother I often feel helpless to protect them from so much of the evil in this world.  I am doing the only thing I can do.  I'm entrusting them to God their Maker who loves and cares for them even more then I do.

Image: thanunkorn / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Father Above,

I ask your protection for the hearts of my children.  Your Word tells us the heart is the well spring of life.  (Prov. 4:23)  Help my children to guard their hearts diligently so that they may have abundant life.

The world is waging a war for their loyalties.  Give them undivided hearts completely devoted to you.  (Ps. 86:11)  Let them be changed by Christ in them, so they no longer conform to the pattern of this world.  (Rom. 12:2)

A man's heart reflects the man.  (Pr. 27:19)  May their lives reflect obedience to you.  (James 1:23-25)   In the Bible David was called a man after God's own heart.  (I Sam. 13:14)   Let them grow up like David to be men and women in love with you and your Word.

May they hide your Word in their hearts that they might not sin against you.  (Ps. 139:23)  Let the Word penetrate their hearts.  Search their hearts and test them.  Show them their ways that are offensive to you, and lead them in the path of everlasting life.  (Ps. 139:23,24)

Thank you for being their Shepherd, the one who cares for them and guides them through life.  (Ps. 23)

Amen.

Linking up with:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment