Friday, March 30, 2012

Feeling Grumpy

This week I'm in my hibernating mood.  My great desire is to curl up on my bed with a good book and some dark chocolate. The little things bother me.  My temper is short.   I just want left alone.  What's a mom to do when she feels this way?

My moods are cyclical.  However, I have to keep functioning in my role as a wife and mother.  God made me this way, yet his Word doesn't seem to allow for me to act badly because that's how I feel.  How do I cope?  What must I do to manage these emotions?

1.  Pray.  God promises to supply all I need.  He will give me the added strength.  Sometimes I forget to ask though.  God reminds me that I do not have because I did not ask.



2.  Exercise.  The last thing I want to do is exercise, but the sunshine and fresh air boosts my mood.  It also gives me the little bit of added energy I need to finish the day.  I force myself to get out and move.


Image: federico stevanin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

3.  Rest.  Sometimes my body and mind just needs a break.  Perhaps God uses these few days to remind me to relax.  It's time to stop going in circles.  I'll have more energy and be ready to tackle life again after a brief time of refreshment and renewal.


Image: Danilo Rizzuti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
So I'm thinking it's time to find me some chocolate, a good book, and a cozy bed in a quiet room.  I'm wondering how other ladies cope when they feel moody and grumpy.  Please share...

6 comments:

  1. Going for a walk, usually helps. Especially if I can go alone and talk to God, while I walk. If I can't get out to walk, watching a cheerful movie, laughing is helpful and I like to draw while I watch movies. Sometimes even watching a sad movie is good, especially if I really need to cry but haven't allowed myself too. Writing down whatever is bothering me and then letting it go, also helps. I give it to God and then think of the good that is in my life. These are the things that help, when I feel down. I hope you are having a better day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciated what you shared. There is something refreshing about a good cry, isn't there?

      Delete
  2. Chocolate is always good.

    Here is what I do:

    http://www.theprudenthomemaker.com/index.php/frugal-living/encouragement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed visiting your link. A lot of good ideas! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I think your three things are spot on. Sometimes I take a rest when I should go and walk...most of the time. LOL! Dark chocolate is definitely something I do enthusiastically. It's like a vacation in a bar. I hope you can get some refreshing. I have icky pms that makes me very anti-social...which is not any good when you have a large family (mine not so large as yours)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely dark chocolate! It may just be psychological, but for me the cramps seem less intense when I have dark chocolate. And I completely understand the whole anti-social thing! Sometimes I just have to tell the kids I'm not feeling well and hibernate in my room for a bit.

      Delete