Monday, March 19, 2012

Money Saving Monday

This weeks money saving tips:

1.  Make your own glass cleaner.  An inexpensive bottle of glass cleaner measuring no more than a quart in size will cost you at least $2.  I make my own by mixing 50% water with 50% white distilled vinegar.  The cost is about 40 cents for a quart of homemade window cleaner.  I'll have to admit that the smell is not nearly as refreshing as Windex, but it works just as well.

My spray bottle for window cleaner
2.  Use eggs as your protein in a meal.  Eggs frequently go on sale for between $1 and $1.50 per dozen.  That is less expensive then a pound of meat.  Our family often has fried egg sandwiches for lunch. This tip came from one of my readers.   She said, "There are so many things to do with eggs for lunch or supper.  Frittatas--add cheese and salsa for a Mexican dish.  Quiche--my recipe only takes 2 eggs and who doesn't like something that comes in a pie crust.  Fried Egg sandwiches may be cheaper than lunch meat.  Scrambled eggs in a wrap with lettuce or spinach leaf and/or other veggies.  Foodnetwork.com has thousands of eggs recipes--I saw several with zucchini--a good way to use up all that extra from the garden."

Eggs were on sale 2 for $2 last week.  I bought several.

No comments:

Post a Comment