Monday, August 13, 2012

My Week

We are getting ready to start back into our school routine in another week.  That means this next week will be full of planning and organizing.  I enjoy the start of a new school year.  It's invigorating to begin with a fresh start. 

School books waiting for me to sort through.


Also this week our oldest will be taking off for college.  This will be a new experience for our family.  I loved my college years, so I'm excited for him.  But it is also bittersweet.  How quickly these years have passed.

Ryan has begun packing.


I have one last batch of canning to finish up this week.  My father-in-law blessed us with apples from his tree. We've been enjoying applesauce, apple butter, apple pie, and apple crisp.

Apples waiting to be done.

Planning to make more apple butter.


Then there is one of the things I love doing most--having friends over to share in a meal. Planning to have several over this week.  One night I'm thinking BBQ meatballs sounds good.  I'll share that recipe with you on Friday.

These are some of the things in store for our family this week, Lord willing.  What is up at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment