Monday, August 20, 2012

Leaving...

Yes, it happened.  Our oldest son left for college last Thursday.



But I did good.  Only teared up once.  That bear hug he gave me kinda did me in.  Gathered myself back together quickly though.

Now each day, I notice all the little things.  The shirt that came through the wash that was left behind.  The empty chair at the table.  The absent sound of his footsteps on the stairs.    

I miss...
his smile
his goodnight hug and kiss on the cheek
him helping me cook supper on Saturday evenings
his conversations.

But I'm rejoicing...
that he's happy
I'm thankful...
for all the possibilities
I'm excited ...
about what God will do in his life.
And I'm so grateful...
that God blessed us with him for 18 years.

He's venturing out...
He's leaving home...
But he's only just beginning his journey.


(From the heart of a mom
who's learning to let go
and praying for her boy each day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment