Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chicken Taco Salad


What You Need
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
lettuce, chopped
tortilla chips
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small can black olives, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped

Directions
Cook chicken in 1/4 c. of Miracle Whip on medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes.  Reduce heat to medium.  Then add remaining Miracle Whip, chopped onion, and taco seasoning mix.  Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through.

Layer on plates.

Tortilla chips

Lettuce

Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Chicken Mixture

Black Olives
You also top the salad with fresh chopped tomatoes.  I didn't today because my tomatoes in my garden aren't turning just yet.  I do not like tomatoes from the store (taste like cardboard), so I just leave them out when garden tomatoes are not available.
Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment