Monday, June 11, 2012

Light and Easy Summer Recipes

This week I'll just be posting some recipes that you might find useful for lighter summer eating and cooking.  I don't like to use my oven as much in the summer because it heats up the house too much.  Also, in the summer there are lots of wonderful fresh vegetables and fruit available.  So I try to save money by not using the oven and using what the garden supplies or what I find at the farmer's market.

Today's Recipe:

 Pesto Chicken Wraps

3 chicken breasts
1 pkg flour tortillas
1 jar of garlic basil pesto
8 oz shredded mozzarella

Slice chicken breasts into thin strips.  Saute until just done.

On tortillas spread thin layer of pesto.

Add some cooked chicken.

Add mozzarella cheese.

Fold in half and lightly brown on both sides in a skillet or on a griddle.

Recipe serves 6.  Makes a light and easy lunch served with a piece of fresh fruit on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment