Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Beach

Image: Tina Phillips / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Laughter floats across the waves.
Minnows tickle my legs
As the sand squishes through my toes.

The sun warms the top of my head.
I watch two children creep up on the darting fish.
Their eager hands grasp at the elusive shadows.

Water sprays me suddenly.
Two boys and their father boisterously dash past in the shallow water.
Hand fulls of sand are being stashed down the backs of swim trunks.

Further from shore three more children wrestle around,
Dragging one another,
Splashing and dunking,
Enjoying life and laughter.

Blessing envelopes me,
Holds me in its warm embrace.
My Creator's love enfolds me
As I'm surrounded by my family and all He has made.

Psalm 106:1
"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment