Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Fisher Boy

Dear Cory,

I remember when I found out I was pregnant with you.  I cried.  We had planned to have four children, but Alex was barely a year old and I wasn't sure how I would handle another baby so soon.  However, as I began to feel you moving in my tummy, my excitement began to grow.  I loved you, and looked forward to the day I would get to hold you that first time.

The day you were born, I knew for sure that unexpected, unplanned babies were blessings from God.  I cuddled your warm body in my arms and marveled at your short wisps of blond hair, your long fingers, and your dimpled feet.  It didn't matter how much busier life was going to be, I wouldn't have traded you for the world.   

You were easy- going baby.  Rarely did you fuss.  At first you slept a lot.  Then when you started to smile, you smiled all the time.  And your laugh, I will never forget it.  It was a deep belly laugh.  You just took life as it came, enjoying every moment.  The year you were born was a difficult year for us, and many a time we gave thanks for you because you were our little light that made us laugh and smile.  God knew we needed you.

Your toddler days hold many fun memories.  I loved that little deep man voice you tried to talk in as you strutted around the house.  You were all boy and would do nothing associated with a girl.  Our pink bathroom was not acceptable because it was the "girl" bathroom.  You insisted on going downstairs to the green bathroom because it was the "boy" bathroom.  Only at night could you use the "girl" bathroom because then you couldn't see the pink.

School days approached.  They didn't quite fit into your world view of "I just want to have fun."  I remember asking you what you wanted to do when you grew up.  You said, "What is easy?"  Then and now you would rather be out fishing then doing anything else.  However, you have learned to work hard in school and at doing chores.  You are quickly growing up.

I am proud of the young man you are becoming.  I know God is going to use you and your compassionate tender heart.  And I'm even confident that he will use your love for fishing to further His Kingdom.

I love you my fisher boy!
Hugs and Kisses,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment