Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Prayer for Birth Mothers

A heart 
A gift from God

Photo from freedigitalphotos.net

I hold it in my arms
Pulsing neath my fingertips
Beating next to mine

It holds my hand
Walks by my side
Keeping step with me

I see it through their eyes
Hear it in their voices
Feel it amongst the hugs

Alive and warm
A steady beat
Part of you, yet mine

As I hold your heart this Mother's Day
God help me treasure every heartbeat
Always loving you through them

Happy Mother's Day!
 




2 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this - I've been praying for my girls' birth moms and foster mom a lot this weekend. I wish somehow they knew just how grateful I am and how much I value their hard choice to leave the girls where they'd be found safely.

    ReplyDelete