Friday, January 4, 2013

With Thanksgiving

I have a lot of things to bring before my Heavenly Father right now.  Burdens that need laid at his feet weight me down.  Trials that overwhelm threaten to pull me under.  But I am standing strong because God is there for me.  He is my Stronghold, my Shelter, my Strength, and my Comfort.  I will not be afraid.

photo from free digitalphotos.net
 I love these words from Philippians 4:6,7.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving , present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
 Through this week, I've had many things to be thankful for.  God is good all the time.  He doesn't want me to forget that.  This is probably the reason he asks me to present my requests "with thanksgiving."

I don't want to miss noticing a single good gift that has been given to me by my Father above.   Beginning now I want to take a little time each week to write a thankfulness list.

I Am Thankful For:
1.  New life in Christ
2.  The smell of fresh baked bread
3.  Warm, fuzzy slippers
4.  My two oldest fixing supper for me when I didn't feel well last night
5.  My husband's arms which hold me when I'm hurting
6.  Encouragement from friends
7.  My mom and dad putting their arms around me and praying for our family
8.  God's glory revealed in the tiny snowflake
9.  Flannel pajamas (but that would not be on my husband's list)  :)
10. God's peace that is guarding my heart   
         

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your family during this time! And hoping that you physically feel better soon.

    --shawnee

    ReplyDelete