Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Walk the Talk

"We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." I John 2:3-6

Image: sundayhill / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

This passage of Scripture reminds me of something my mother-in-law used to tell her children when they left the house. She often said, "Remember who you are." Those simple words contain a lot of meaning. She was possibly saying, "Don't forget to act in a way that represents our family well," "Remember all I've taught you," "Please don't embarrass me," or "Act like a Christian."

My actions reveal my true character. Actions tell others who I am. No one in my life sees this better than my children. They observe me at my best and at my worst. I claim to be a Christian. Is this what my children are seeing through my actions?

My prayer today is that I will walk the walk of obedience because I have precious young ones following me.

Linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the GMG blog hop! WOW 7 kiddos! You are amazing! :)

    I love what your mother-in-law said... What a great way to get your kids to think about what they are doing and who they are! Too much we try to fit in with everyone else, acting like others, when the real person we should be acting and living like is Jesus!

    I hope you have a blessed week and thanks for sharing your 1 John Journey!

    ReplyDelete