Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apples of Gold

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."  Proverbs 25:11

Monday I received a phone call from a sweet friend.  She felt moved to tell me how much my family immediate and extended had blessed her life.  She had no idea how much I needed to hear those words at that time, but God knew.

Later that evening I was browsing through Facebook.  Ran across a post from my dad.  He had posted a picture of me with my daughter.  He made a brief but loving remark about it.  Made me feel special.  My heart needed that reassurance.

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."  Hebrews 3:13

Life can beat you up.  Satan plays games with your mind.  He deceives you into thinking you are alone.  We all need encouraged.  Not just once a year, once a month, or once a week.  Notice the book of Hebrews said "encourage one another daily." 

One thing I've learned in recent weeks is that I need to encourage my children more.  If I desperately need loving and encouraging words in order to keep on faithfully serving God, how much more do they?  My brain knows the right answers and the right thing to do, but my heart doesn't always feel it.  It makes it difficult to make good decisions.  My children are the same way.  Their hearts need tender loving care.  They need encouraged .

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up,..."  I Thess. 5:11

Linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for your words---Natasha you are a remarkable lady --praying you know our Lord's comfort, encouragement and joy. Talked to several ladies this week and seems like many have had a heavy spirit--so agree we need each other and the encouragement from each other. Lots of love. MJ

    ReplyDelete