Thursday, August 4, 2011

That is Love

"For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.  He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing." Deut. 10:17-18 

Throughout the world,
So many hurting children,
So many need our love.

My heart aches.
I want to ease their pain.
I want to hold them close.

God hears their cries.
He brings through my door
three treasures in need of home.

I find myself helpless.
Feeling at a loss,
Not sure if I can handle the task.

For me love is an easy word to say,
Harder to live.
Often characterized by selfishness.

God knows my heart.
Though my flesh is weak,
He's teaching me to find strength.

His love –
It's not about me.
It's by his power.

Love is patient,
Love is kind,
It is not self-seeking.

The Almighty God,
The Awesome Creator,
My Heavenly Father can teach me.

With Him there is no favoritism,
There is no partiality.
His Son died for all.

That is LOVE.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16


No comments:

Post a Comment