Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salad

 Garden produce is keeping me busy.  This week I thought I would share a favorite easy recipe using the tomatoes and cucumbers that are plentiful right now.  This is delicious and refreshing.  My kids even love it.

Tomato and Cucumber Salad

2 cucumbers, chopped in bite size pieces
3 large tomatoes, chopped in bite size pieces
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 t. basil
1 t. salt



Combine all ingredients.  Serve salad immediately or chill and serve later.  If you serve later you will want to serve with a slotted spoon to keep extra juice off your plate.  Our family fights over who gets to drink the juice once the tomatoes and cucumbers are gone.  Note:  You can vary the ingredients to suit your taste.  My kids like a few more cucumbers thrown in.


















3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe! I just made it for our lunch and is was delish! Cool, refreshing, and perfect for our new diet (we just found out my hubby is gluten sensitive).

    Found you through Far above Rubies

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy! I am hosting a tomato recipe link up at my blog...come join :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my link up!

    ReplyDelete