Monday, December 9, 2013

Supper is in the Crock Pot

I am using my crock pot a lot these days.  Actually I should say crock pots.  It often takes two crock pots to feed our big family.  With older children having activities to attend and little ones who can make the time frame needed to fix supper much longer, I had to make meal planning a simpler process.  I thought I'd share some of our new favorite recipes with you.

Crock Pot Pork Tacos

1 4 lb pork roast
1 (1 1/4 oz.) envelope of your favorite taco seasoning
1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese (any type you prefer)
2 pkg. tortilla shells (soft taco shells)

1. Place pork in crock pot.  Sprinkle 1/2 the taco seasoning on meat.
2.  Smear refried beans on pork.  Then sprinkle on rest of the taco seasoning.
3.  Cook on low for 8 hours.
4.  When done, shred roast.  Stir in cheese and serve mixture wrapped in soft taco shells.

Serves 10-12.

This is simple and tastes delicious.  I've actually stretched the meat a little further in this recipe by adding more beans and a little more seasoning.  It can be a money saver too. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment