Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Seeing Jesus

Each evening when we tuck Little Girl in bed, we read her a Bible story.  Last night was the story of Christ's resurrection.  As I read about Jesus appearing to Mary and to the disciples, I could feel Little Girl's excitement as she lay beside me on the bed.  When I finished the story she said, "I want to see my Jesus too."

We cuddled on the bed as I explained to her that she would be able to see Jesus some day.  She said, "But I want to see my Jesus now."  So then we talked about how we can see Jesus now.  We see him in the beautiful fall leaves outside.  We see him in a sunset.  We see him in people who love us. 

I don't know if Little Girl understood all that.  Her longing is to visually see Jesus.  She wants to know what he looks like. 

Awww...sweet girl, if only everyone had that great longing to see Jesus. 

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!  The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.  Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.  But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as He is."  I John 3:1-2

1 comment: