Monday, April 12, 2021

Letting Our Angel Fly

     It has hit me hard.  Our Angel Girl is graduating from high school in just a month.  In addition, she's moving out of the nest.  I thought I was ready, but suddenly the tears are flowing.

Photo Credit: Shelli Ford Photography
shelliford (smugmug.com)


      Sweet Girl, my first thought of you, a gift from God, came in the most unexpected way.  I could never erase that picture.  The little girl with the sad eyes...I knew I would know them if I ever saw them.  (The Beginning)

    When you stepped out of the van into my arms, I knew you were home.  You did too.  You called me "mama."  I called you mine.  (Our Angel Girl)

    You asked me to "pway to Jesus that I can tay here porever and ever."  I fell on my knees beside my bed and begged Jesus to answer your prayer.  With tears I poured my heart out on your behalf.  Jesus heard us.  (Amber's Story)

    From the start you were a blessing.  You were the answer to Kayt's prayers for a sister.  The two of you were inseparable.  Nothing made my "mama" heart more happy then the hours you all spent together...playing dress up, reading stories, acting out dramas, taking pictures, and making movies. (When a Child Prayed)

    Those sad eyes were transformed into happy blue eyes.  They took on a sparkle as your laughter often filled the room.  Your ability to have fun, be silly, and laugh at yourself brought joy to our home.

    The early childhood days passed in a blur.  You grew up.  You began to assert yourself and have your own opinion.  We were thankful to see you begin to be "ok" with stirring the water and making waves.  The fear began to leave, and you grew into a strong young lady who knew what she wanted in life.

    Challenges never caused you to back down.  Instead you worked harder.  School wasn't that easy for you, but you are graduating near the top of your class. Weight lifting became your passion, and you persevered and became the 2A  Heavy Weight Girl's State Champion for 3 years. 

Photo Credit: Shelli Ford Photography
shelliford (smugmug.com)


    Life didn't deal you a good hand.  You didn't start with many advantages.  There have been hurts and heartaches that I long to erase from your life and memory.  However, the very things that could have defeated you, you are seeking to let God use for His good.  I'm proud of you for that.  (My Chains are Gone)

    I'm going to miss your daily presence in our home, but I know you are ready to fly.  I'll always treasure your days of childhood growing to adulthood that we have shared. I know God chose you for us for a season, and it is time to let you go.  I'm good with that.  It's the way it is supposed to be.

    You have taken what you have learned, and you use it in life.  I'm not sure I was ready for you to be so independent, but it is a blessing. And, Wow!  You secured a job at a title company before you even graduated.  You know what you want and where you are going, and I'm cheering you on!  

     I anticipate the days ahead as I watch you become all that God wants you to be.  We have many memories to continue to build and share together as you will always be "our girl."  I'm so grateful God made us family.  Keep loving Jesus!  Always and Forever, your Mom.

Photo Credit: Shelli Ford Photography
shelliford (smugmug.com)


      


No comments:

Post a Comment