Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Everything is Ready

Our daughter had a wonderful wedding day surrounded by many, many friends.  So, I don't want anyone to take this post wrong.  However, God placed this on my heart the evening after the wedding, and it has changed my perspective and maybe just maybe helped me see the heart of God better.

After a beautiful wedding on Saturday, I lay in bed reflecting.  I began to realize there were people missing that had been invited.  Some disappointment seeped in.  How much I had wanted to share the day with them.  Even though many had not RSVP'd I had hoped it was an oversight and had made sure we had more then enough food.  There were a few moments of sadness that I had not had the opportunity to share this special day and now a memory together with them.  However, I understood the demands of life.  I myself have missed important events in the lives of my own family and close friends.

Then this hit me...

"At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.'
But they all alike began to make excuses..."  Luke 14:17,18


God is preparing a great wedding feast in heaven.  He's working hard to make it all ready for me.  Am I making sure I will be ready when that day comes?  Or will I be so wrapped up in the "important" things in life that I will give an excuse as to why I can't be there or am not ready?

And each Lord's Day he has a special day set aside for me to gather with him.  Do I make excuses as to why I can't be there?  Or do I look forward to what he has prepared for me together with his people, the church.

From the viewpoint of the mother of the bride what blessed me the most were the guests who came up and said things like...


"I wouldn't have missed this for the world."
"I'm so glad I made time to come.  What a special day!"
"God has blessed our family through our time with your family."

From the viewpoint of my Heavenly Father... what blesses him?









No comments:

Post a Comment