Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Forgiving Heart (study guide)

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."  (Eph. 4:32, KJV)

Free photo from www.freedigitalphotos.net


Who do I forgive?

Mark 11:25 -

 Luke 11:4 -

 Luke 17:3-4 -

How do I forgive?

Col. 3:13 -

So then the question becomes, "How did Christ forgive?"

 Luke 23:32-34 -

When do I forgive?

Mt. 18:21-22 -

 Lk. 17:3-4 -

These verses have been used to say that we only have to forgive the person who asks for forgiveness. Do you agree or disagree?

I Pet. 4:7-8 -

Why do I forgive?

Mt. 6:9-15 -

Mt. 18:23-35 -

Forgiveness is a choice, but it is also an attitude of the heart. 

Read Psalm 103.

This chapter names numerous things God does for us. List some of them.

There are times it is difficult to forgive. Sometimes it seems virtually impossible. When faced with those times, mankind must remember what the Lord has done for him. Then forgiveness can be offered as an overflow of the heart and not as a duty that must be performed.

To Exercise My Heart this Week:
1.  List the ways Jesus was wronged while he was on this earth.
2.   List the ways I have wronged Jesus.
3.  Write down what Jesus did for me.
4.  He has removed my sins as far as the east is from the west, so now how many sins do I have to list here?

With a heart overflowing with gratefulness for what Christ did for me and for this world, I will forgive others.

Spend some time praying about any unforgiven offenses that I may be harboring in my heart. Decide whether to deal with them or let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment