Thursday, May 19, 2011

Changing Seasons

Feelings of relief wash over me as I think, we did it!  We made it through another year.  Summer break is here.  It's time to camp, garden, swim, and play.  Time to do some much neglected housekeeping, cleaning out, and reorganizing.  It's most definitely time for a change of pace.

I embrace this change with excitement, but at the same time it is bittersweet.  Each child will be starting school next year with another grade behind them.  They are growing up.  Ryan, our oldest, will be a senior.  Amber, our youngest, will be in third grade.  There are no longer babies in the house.  We don't need car seats anymore.  We are experiencing driving, working jobs, and discussing college and future plans.

I absolutely loved my babies, but I've found my older children just as exciting and thrilling.  The only problem is that the years are slipping away so quickly.  My prayer for the summer is that I will take time to enjoy my children.  They are precious gifts from God, but they are mine only for a season.  There will be a season for letting them go in the future.

So I am living today, enjoying these moments, and giving thanks for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment