Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Until Then

 Dear Linda,

I do not weep for you.  My tears are for the empty spot inside of me.  I rejoice for you.  You are with the One you loved more than this life.  No more pain.  No more suffering.  If you can get this message in heaven, I just want to say thank you.  Thank you for all the memories.  My heart is full of gratitude to God for the blessing of you.  Thirty-eight beautiful years I knew you, and I treasure every one.



God brought you into my life when I was in 8th grade.  You taught our girl's Sunday School class at church.  We were a silly bunch of giggling middle school and high school girls.  I remember you shaking your head and laughing along with us. You would invite all of us crazy girls to your house for fun and taffy pulls.  You even braved loading us up in your car for shopping trips to Bartlesville each year.  You knew our secret crushes, our dreams, and our struggles.  We were all your girls, and I think you kept up with each of us over the years.


As I walk through the years of memories, I am filled with gratefulness to God for the gift of You.

I am thankful for...

-Guidance and love in my formative teen years.

-Sunday School class.

-Taffy pulls.

-Shopping trips.

-Phone conversations.

-Honesty and wisdom when I needed it as a minister's wife.

-Your listening ear.  You were the best listener!

-Lunch dates in Independence when I needed a break from all my kids.

-Your love for every single one of my children.

-Your faithfulness to God and your church family.  (Remember when we called the cops to do a well check when you didn't show to church one week.  That became a favorite story of yours.   "Don't miss a service at the Church of Christ or they call the cops.")

-The trips you made to Rose Hill just to see us after we moved.

-How you made me feel important, special, and loved.

-The last time I saw you at Family camp.  The last hug. The last goodbye.  (Oh, Linda, if I had known I would have made it all last longer.)


As I have been grieving, yet giving thanks and rejoicing in your home going, I've realized that I've not just lost a dear friend and mentor on this earth.  I've lost a mother.  That is what you have been in my life.  God knew it would take more than one mother to raise and guide me.  :)   Thank you for being you and taking me and so many others you knew under your wing.  You mothered many.  I am honored and blessed to have been one of them. 


Scripture says that, "Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning."  It is forever morning for you!  One day I will join you and lay my crown beside yours at the feet of our Jesus.



Until then,

Natasha

 





No comments:

Post a Comment