The Brook

Gazing at my toes
through clear rippling water
Delight bubbles up within me
Peace soothes my anxious heart




















Water sparkles
The sun glances off
Its coolness
washing
reviving

A shimmering delight
cascading over rocks
shouting a symphony of praise
Downward
it tumbles




















Rushing back to years long past
Another man sat by a brook
The land of Israel
gripped by famine
God withheld the rain
The brook provided drink
The birds brought food
The servant was sustained




















Sin brought hunger
hardship
But God did not forget
The God
who sees
who hears
provides
had met him at the brook

Again there is a famine
A hunger of the soul
Emptiness consumes
And brokenness destroys




























Our faithful God
doth still sustain
As strength is granted
Pain is soothed
Heart is mended


  And Spirit once more overflows

The water 'round my legs
Clear
Cool
Cleansing
Reflection of my God and King
Who meets me at the brook







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skillet Zucchini and Hamburger

When You Have To Let Go

My Battle with Depression