Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pray continually

"How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."
Psalm 84:1-2

A day spent in prayer
My oldest son so far away in Baltimore
Remembering a friend who is in labor
Another friend has lost his dad
Someone just found out they have cancer
And my children...how much I desire for them to be faithful
"Lord, be with them"
So much to talk to God about

As I folded laundry petitions were sent up
With each dish that was washed a prayer was said
Wiping the dust from the dresser top the conversation continued
Remembering the Word says to
....pray continually.

Communion with the Almighty
what a privilege
Yet so many days go by
And I forget
Am caught up in me, myself, and I.

And it is I who misses out
I walk alone
rather then with my Shield and Protector.

The sweetness of the day
The peace in my soul
Reminds me

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you."
Psalm 84:10-12


  1. This is a great reminder. Thanks for sharing!

  2. I will try again to leave this message. It felt saying it was the numbers were incorrect the other day. One thing for sure we can never PRAY too much.