Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pray continually

"How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."
Psalm 84:1-2

A day spent in prayer
My oldest son so far away in Baltimore
Remembering a friend who is in labor
Another friend has lost his dad
Someone just found out they have cancer
And my children...how much I desire for them to be faithful
"Lord, be with them"
So much to talk to God about

As I folded laundry petitions were sent up
With each dish that was washed a prayer was said
Wiping the dust from the dresser top the conversation continued
Remembering the Word says to
....pray continually.

Communion with the Almighty
what a privilege
Yet so many days go by
And I forget
Am caught up in me, myself, and I.

And it is I who misses out
I walk alone
rather then with my Shield and Protector.

The sweetness of the day
The peace in my soul
Reminds me


"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you."
Psalm 84:10-12











2 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try again to leave this message. It felt saying it was the numbers were incorrect the other day. One thing for sure we can never PRAY too much.

    BLESSINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete