Saturday, February 13, 2021

For My Love


Walking together, holding hands.  

Laughing, talking, enjoying the idea of love.  

Our simple beginning.


Someone to dream with.  

To start a family with.  

To serve God with.  




You were the answer to my prayers.  

The answer to my parent's prayers.  

God's gift to me, immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine.


We've held our babies.

Watched them grow.

Given them to God, given them to another to love.




You have wept with me and wiped my tears.

You have been my rock when the world around me crumbled.

You have held me tight when sorrow threatened all I knew.


You have encouraged me to reach for my dreams.

You made me a wife and mother.

Made those without family our own. 


You believe in me though you know my weaknesses.

You want me to still dream, still pursue my passions.

You desire for me to be all God wants me to be.




I don't deserve all that you have given me.

All that God has given me in you.

But I'm grateful for the beautiful gift of you.


God gave me a man after His own heart.

God gave me a tall, smiling, gentle, and selfless friend.

God gave me You, the love of my life.











No comments:

Post a Comment